So Mariah Carey hit up “Lopez Tonight”, comedian George Lopez’s show, and you know what, I wasn’t going to post this (or watch it) because this song is about as old as Mariah’s black leotard she keeps wearing, but oh man, it was just so bad I had to point some things out.
- The first 30 seconds of this performance sum up Mariah’s whole album cycle as of late. Off key, a mess and just a shame. She’s too much of a pro and diva and performer to sound like this! Soul stealing.
- She looks like she sounds on this stage w/ this performance, a mess.
- Mariah being such the star that she is and been in the game for so long, WHY is she even allowing herself to go out and get played like this? I mean, she’s fallen way down the scale from her former glory. Take a sick day.
- The background singers seem like THEY aren’t even trying to cover up for her anymore. Sad day.
- She’s never had any rhythm, but Jesus!
- And lastly, that whistle note? SHE’S NOT DOING THAT LIVE! Know how I know? Despite the fact that they zoomed out on that part (not slick), you can see when they zoom back in at the 3:37-ish mark that her MOUTH is still on that whistle note part BUT the song has already moved on. FAIL!!!
I used to love her but I don’t love her no ‘mo. Like Keyshia Cole and Kanye, I CHANGED MY MIND. I cannot. Stop the rewriting of history books Mariah on your continued decline with this pop-schlock like “Obsessed” and these TERRIBLE live performances! This song is SO easy and 123 Paint By Numbers that she should NOT sound this bad singing it.
WHERE HAVE ALL THE LEGENDS GONE?!